Saturday, November 24, 2018

Locked Out!

In this His Cross all have a share,
Bleed, brood, but bar none, all to bear.

New pagan ways, feign and lie,
Devil’s inroads - the soul to die.

False freedoms: jealousy, envy; 
Vain, thankless, pinched of liberty.

In dirt I crawled yet yearned for ease,
Spurn not your son forgive me please!

Dire straits, confined, pressed out the breath;
Gaped, gasped, a skyward grasp from death.

Shunned not the Church but it is shut!
Jaunt through mire and slime - tell you what!

This one respite, our high haven;
Jaws of hell spit, stole my heaven;

Locked out! Wait! Streaming feed: movement!
Live! Soul food - the great Sacrament!

Flickering flames, candles, and shadows;
Majestic God - glory follows!

Pray, converse with God; put to trust
His grace and grace to give must,

By clear assent, climb pure heights;
Heirs, fair children! Free, He delights!

Our flesh He took; in Bread now,
Dazed to see, compelled to bow

And bend a knee. Might! Adore!
Christ King! Prostrate, fall to the floor.

Lord Jesus, the Son, I AM.
Born to draw near, in love I am!


- Gary Edward Geraci

1 comment:

  1. Some of my poem was inspired by the fact that my church, St. Luke Catholic Church, was, outside of daily Mass, “locked-up” over the Thanksgiving holidays. I found an alternative, “Skype-like” experience with our Lord in the following, live, YouTube feed: https://youtu.be/CqW1lENuph0

    ReplyDelete