Wednesday, June 5, 2019

This Time

What’s it like, this time, 
living with a roommate; 
a roommate that you’ve
never met until today; 

only having read-up on? 
You know - you’re really 
serious this time, broke and 
struggling - but serious this time. 

(Will I come through this time, 
or will I leave things hanging 
in the rafters? What’s different 
this time?)

I’ve thrown off the stupid. 
Yeah, I’m done with the stupid. 
I’ve got my own room, it’s got 
a door, a door that I can close. 
I’ve closed off stupid.  

Now on my knees Lord, do you see me here Lord? I’ve closed my door Lord, can you hear me here Lord? I’M ON MY FUCKING KNEES LORD! 
I’m, I’m on, I’m on my fucking knees Lord...


Gary Edward Geraci 

1 comment:

  1. The best prayer is often the prayer that no one else should hear. “But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.” Matthew 6:6

    ReplyDelete